Land Rover Safari
The great Sahara Desert holds an immediate fascination for those seeking a
once in a lifetime journey, a Land Rover Safari offers some of the most spectacular sightseeing in the world.
Listed below is a selection of 4 x 4 safaris that will be intense, challenging, rewarding and memorable. From the vitality that is Marrakech, the grandeur and magnificence of the High Atlas Mountains, the rugged pistes (rough tracks) and oasis-strewn valleys of the mountain people, to the whispering silence of the wadis and weather-torn plateaus of the Sahara. A choice of adventures that will remain in the memory forever.
Although these tours are not designed for the faint hearted and a certain amount of team spirit is required, they are nontheless suitable for anyone between the ages of 8 - 75. The Land Rovers will enable you to experience and enjoy many of the thrills and adventures of the Sahara.
These itineraries have been specially designed to coincide with various weather conditions at differing times of the year. The approximate dates indicated are not necessarily set in stone and can be used with a little flexibility. As you will also note, some start from your hotel/riad in Marrakech while others commence in Ouarzazate. The prices listed are per person, irrespective of age. Departures are available on a daily basis as each itinerary will comprise your group alone and we do not mix families or groups.
This is just an amazing package and unusually in this day and age, undersold! We had just the best time and the facilities out in the Sahara were just terrific. Special mention for Omar our guide. Great conversationalist and totally sensitive to our needs. Great charm. (Itinerary: A2, four days). H.S. in January 2010
I wanted to write to you and tell you what a fantastic time we had in Morocco. I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the place and the people. It is a wonderful country of contrasts.
The combination of desert safari and Marrakech was perfect. The team on the safari were excellent; Rashid our guide struck the perfect balance and we felt entirely safe with the drivers on some very tricky passes.
Caravan Serai is a haven and the hamman was especially welcome on arrival at the hotel after the safari.
I was a little anxious about how the young people in our party would feel about the safari (ages 15,16 and 17). They loved it and two of their comments werewe cant believe they have gone to so much trouble for usandwe never felt deprived of anythingthis is quite a feat for today's youngsters. The T. and L. Families in March 2005
- Toyota Land Cruiser with driver and air-conditioning
- A qualified English speaking guide
- All meals
- A cook who prepares all the meals
- Breakfast with Moroccan pancakes, cereals and fruit juice, tea and coffee
- Lunch and dinner are prepared along the route with Moroccan salads, tajines (a type of stew), couscous, grilled meats
- Drinks include all soft drinks, bottled mineral water and a half bottle of wine per person per day
- Camping equipment
- Two man, fully carpeted caidal tents (20 x 10 x 7 ft) with bedside tables
- Sleeping bag with inner sheet and pillows
- Candles for lighting
- Carpeted mess tent for evening meals; table and cushions; full cutlery and crockery
- Shower tent (9 x 9 ft) with duckboard floor and water bucket for washing
- Chemical w.c.
- Flights and hotels - The safari must be combined with flights and hotels
Please note that we only provide these treks to clients who have booked their tailer-made holiday in Morocco with the Best of Morocco.
The itineraries are for varying numbers of people
- 2 - 4 people in 1 vehicle
- 5 - 8 people in 2 vehicles
- 9 - 12 people in 3 vehicles
Safaris departing from Marrakech
- 3 days in the Atlas and Sahara
- 4 days in the Sahara
- 5 days in the Valley of 1,000 kasbahs and dunes of Merzouga
- 6 days in Imilchil and Dades
Safaris departing from Ouarzazate
Free nights, upgrades, hammam & massage and honeymoon special offers.
Colourful dunes and natural rock landscapes of the Sahara
Seven Day North Tour
Discover old medinas and lush rolling hills of the Rif mountains in the North of Morocco