Caravanes Du Sud in Zagora
Located near Amazraou, Zagora, the Caravanes du Sud is a variety of Berber campsites operated by the Riad Lamane offering traditional life in the dunes. Stay at the camps for peace and scenery, festivals and stars.
The camps are fully equipped with sanitation, hot water, refrigeration and provide local cuisine & folk entertainment.
We can also offer a selection of three/four day tours from the Riad Lamane using 4x4 or camel treks and staying at a variety of the camps.
The Nakhla dunes are 10kn outside of Zagora, those of M'Hamid A Erglihoudi about another 8km, and then 160km onto the dunes at Chegaga. It is also possible to stay at an Oasis (Fint).
At all the locations both luxury bivouacs and Royal bivouacs are available.>
The Royal Bivouacs
Welcomed on your arrival with dates and milk or tea and pastries and the local music, you'll find comfortable accommodation equipped with beds in wrought iron and chemical toilets and showers with hot and cold water in each tent. Tents are decorated with Moroccan lanterns, rugs and other crafts. Entertainment round the camp fire will be folk of the region: Reta, Dakat Sife, Roukba, gnawa, Ahwach. A restaurant in a caidal tent serves from a selection of menus:-
- Menu 1: soup, dates, mechoui royal couscous chicken with vegetables, fruit basket, Pastries, tea or coffee
- Menu 2: soup, dates, meat tajine with prunes / chicken and vegetable basket, fruit, pastry, tea or coffee
- Menu 3: salad / soup, lemon chicken couscous with 7 vegetables, pastry basket, fruit, tea or coffee
- Breakfast: bread, jam, butter, cheese, olive oil, olives, orange juice, tea, coffee, milk, pancakes, Berber pizza ...
- Drinks: (mineral water, beer, wine cocktails, soft drinks)
You'll be welcomed at the Berber tent with the traditional mint tea. These tents offer simple matresses and blankets/sheets. The restaurtant serves lime soup, a main dish, fruit; for younger children: bread, jam, butter, cheese, milk.
Free nights, upgrades, hammam & massage and honeymoon special offers.
Colourful dunes and natural rock landscapes of the Sahara
Live like Lawrence of Arabia and cross the orange dunes on a camel